- Mighty Gin is a higher-proof expression of our Distiller’s Gin No. 6 (110 proof rather than 90). It has rich, intense aromatics and flavors from the botanicals, and is intended for mixing into cocktails.
- With rich flavors of juniper, fresh citrus and rich spices (coriander and cinnamon), accented by subtle hints of the floral botanicals, it tastes different from our other gins and makes distinctive cocktails.
- It is primarily found at bars & restaurants rather than stores.
- We hand prepare a range of herbs and botanicals for each batch of gin, including juniper berries (of course), hand-grated fresh lemon peel, rich spices like cardamom and cinnamon, and delicate floral accents.
- We infuse the botanicals into our base spirit for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors
- According to Time Out Chicago, Mighty Gin makes the best Dirty Martini on earth – “The best dirty martini … the prince among gins, is North Shore Mighty Gin. An over-proof version of their No. 6 gin, the strong flavor of the Mighty Gin cuts right through the olive brine, guaranteeing that you know you are drinking a real gin cocktail. I use the same amount of gin that I would in a regular recipe, but I usually only have one.”
- We also love Mighty in drinks that feature other strongly flavored spirits, such as a Negroni or Hanky Panky, and with tonic water or other fizzy ingredients – it makes a great Collins or Gin Fizz, as well as a great French 75. Find some ideas in our cocktail repository.
Mighty Gin is 55% alcohol by volume (110 proof)