LIMITED EDITIONS AND LIMITED RELEASES
As an artisan distillery, we are constantly experimenting with new ideas for spirits and cocktails. In addition, we occasionally collaborate with our friends in related businesses. For nine years running, we have made a series of limited edition spirits, called our Limited Releases. Each has developed a cult following, and has been something totally unique. In addition, we occasionally release small runs of unique, delicious spirits that are only available at the distillery.
Limited Release Spirits
Most years, we release a single batch of a really unique, original spirit – something no one has made before. We have a new one in the works now, so stay tuned for an early November 2017 release! This one might be the most interesting one we’ve made, which is a bold statement for us. Stay tuned…
Occasionally we make a small batch of something really delicious, and we bottle it up to share. These products are often made only once, or on a limited basis, and are only available at the distillery. We don’t have any available right now, but we have some things in the works for 2018.
Past Limited Release Spirits
We made only one batch of each of these spirits, at about the rate of one per year. Once they sell out, they are gone forever – never to return. The flavors and colors in these spirits came solely from the infused ingredients – no flavorings, extracts or sweeteners are ever used. In reverse chronological order:
- Fireside Orange (80 Proof) – Perfect for sipping by the fire, or as a nightcap on a cold winter’s night, Fireside Orange featured an intriguing blend of three orange varietals, linden flowers and a range of spices. Much more than an ordinary orange liqueur, Fireside revealed new layers of flavor with each sip.
- SommerWeizen (80 Proof) – Inspired by friends in the brewing world, our distilling team created an abstract interpretation of that classic summer staple, the Hefeweizen beer. Rather than simply distilling a beer, we distilled hops and other botanicals and blended them into a wheat whiskey we made specifically for this endeavor. Still have some? Here are cocktails ideas for it.
- Silver Lining (84 Proof ) – This American Kräuter Liqueur was inspired by our bartender friends, and was our take on a traditional German kräuter (herbal) liqueur. While most kräuters are targeted at college-age consumers, ours is a more sophisticated, delicious version, intended for our adventurous friends and drinking compatriots. We infused and distilled the spirit with a wide range of herbs and botanicals, most notably cacao and locally roasted coffee.
- Eldergin (52 Proof) – Inspired by sloe gin liqueur, Eldergin was a perfect blend of our Distiller’s Gin No. 11 and fresh elderberries. We used over 250 pounds of fresh elderberries, some of which we picked ourselves. After our still, Ethel, softly cooked the berries, we pressed them with a wine press to extract the juice, and melded it over time with a specially distilled batch of Distiller’s Gin No. 11 and a touch of cane sugar.
- CR2 (50 Proof) – We decided to show that you can make a cocktail in the bottle and make it well. For this project, we chose a fantastic old cocktail for inspiration – one that requires ingredients that aren’t always on hand, and that when made properly, is a joy to drink – the Corpse Reviver No. 2.
- Mole Poblano (90 Proof) – Mexican cuisine has always been a favorite of ours, and we took inspiration from a traditional Mole Poblano sauce in crafting this spirit. Made with seven types of chili peppers, we also ground our own cacao beans and added a range of herbs and spices to the mix.
- Alphonso Mango No. 11 (75 Proof) – We had heard stories about a particular variety of mango from India called the Alphonso mango. Claimed as the king of mangoes for their incredible taste, and superior to all other mangoes, we were quite curious. After experimenting with different combinations of spirits and botanicals, we found that this fruit matched perfectly with our Distiller’s Gin No. 11. We hand peeled, pitted and sliced the mangoes over several weeks, and infused them into our gin for a batch of deliciousness.
- Rhuginger No. 6 (84 Proof) – We made our way to a local farm for 150 pounds of fresh rhubarb, picked the morning we got it. We infused the rhubarb with our award-winning Distiller’s Gin No. 6, and added fresh ginger root for another dimension of flavor. The result was an incredible new gin, the likes of which have never been seen on the market before.
- Ceylon Tea Infusion (90 Proof) – With our passion for gin and for tea, we searched around for a number of months looking for a tea to pair with No. 6. Then we came across a wonderful Ceylon black tea from, of course, Sri Lanka. Full bodied and bold, but not bitter, the tea married exceptionally well with Distiller’s Gin No. 6. This incredible spirit was delightful in a variety of cocktails, adding a rich tea note to almost any classic gin cocktail.
- Medjool Date Infusion (84 proof) – We ventured into uncharted waters, using a fruit that was neither en vogue nor over-commercialized (which is what attracted us to it). This surprisingly delightful infusion graced the palate with a complexity of date and spice flavors married together to form a symphony of tastes that finished with a delightful sweet note.