NORTH SHORE GIN No. 6
Our flagship spirit, and possibly our most famous one, too. It has won many awards and acclaim and is loved around the globe, despite being from a tiny family-run distillery.
- Unlike any other gin on the market, North Shore No. 6 has a nuanced, complex aroma and flavor, with balanced juniper, citrus, spice and floral notes, with a long, smooth finish
- No. 6 has won a wide range of awards and significant critical acclaim – here are a few of our favorites mentions:
- “Clear color. Spicy aromas and flavors of nutmeg and pepper muffin, honeyed juniper berries, seared polenta with candied lemon zest, and fennel chutney with a velvety, vibrant, fruity medium-full body and a warming, subtle, long finish with notes of cardamom honey cream, spice cake, and exotic peppercorns and coriander. A powerfully delicious gin with captivatingly fresh, 3-D flavors; impressive!” – Beverage Testing Institute, awarding a Gold Medal, Spring 2022
- “Of course, juniper is the dominant flavor, but it quickly gives way to a cascade of subtle flavors that make No. 6 the jewel of a refined martini, yet also very pleasing neat” – Chicago Tribune
- “A modern-style gin … smooth and refined” – New York Times
- “This unique gin kept surprising my palate with each sip, ending with a beautifully developed peppery finish” – Hal Wolin, a NYC-based bartender, on his blog A Muddled Thought
- We hand prepare a range of herbs and botanicals for each batch of gin, including juniper berries (of course), hand-grated fresh lemon peel, rich spices like cardamom and cinnamon, and delicate floral accents
- We infuse the botanicals into our base spirit for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors
- We love No. 6 in a classic Martini (we like it 6:1 with a dash of orange bitters, please), but also in drinks that call for citrus, floral or spice accents. It plays very well in a range of cocktails, both classic and new.
- Non-gin drinkers are often surprised by how much they enjoy cocktails made with No. 6, too.
Distiller’s Gin No. 6 is 47% alcohol by volume (94 proof)