Cocktails, Tastings & Shopping
Our tasting room and distillery store are open Tuesday through Saturday. We offer delicious, unique cocktails made with fresh juices and classic technique, as well as tastings of our spirits and light snacks. Our distillery store offers most of our spirits by the bottle, as well as distillery gear, cocktail making tools, mixers, artisan syrups and more:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays – 2 pm to 9 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays – 2 pm to 10 pm
- Closed on Sundays & Mondays
They are not often needed, but if you have a large group or want a specific table, we do accept reservations (just send us a note/call!).
Looking for a sample menu? Here are a recent cocktail menu, spirits tasting menu, and snacks menu. We update our menus seasonally and when we release new spirits, but these samples will give you an idea of the types of things we offer.
Join us for a fun, interactive exploration of our production distillery! Along the way, we’ll pour you a taste of some of our spirits. We offer regularly scheduled tours on most Saturdays at 4 pm. We offer a “Geek Out” version at 3 pm on the last Saturday of the month. We also offer tours by appointment for groups of 6 or more.
General tours cost $10 per person, last about 45-75 minutes including the tasting, and spots can be reserved in advance by phone (847.574.2499), email (to visit (at) northshoredistillery.com) or by reserving your spot online. Space is limited, and sometimes they’re full or cancelled due to an event, so we strongly recommend planning ahead and reserving/booking.
Geek Out Tour – This is a much more in-depth tour led entirely by our Master Distiller! It’s that chance to spend time with our resident expert, ask all your burning questions, and try a broader range of spirits, including some experimental ones. This version cost $25 per person and lasts a fair bit longer (depending on questions). Those spots must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance (there’s a lot of setup and prep for this version).
Other Spirited Tours – We also offer cocktail tours (with cocktail samples instead of spirit samples) and spirit-focused tours (e.g., a vodka tour, where we focus more on vodka tasting, history & production, or gin, rum or whiskey) – keep an eye on our event calendar for our special tours, or contact us to arrange a private one!
Distillery Events & Activities
We love to have a great time, and enjoy sharing cocktails, spirits and experiences with others! So, in addition to our regular hours and distillery tours, we offer a wide range of events in our tasting room, as well as events around town and around the Midwest.
Here’s our current calendar:
Events Around Town
Our tasting room is the perfect backdrop for your next event. Whether an intimate event for 8-10, or a grand celebration for 150, we have a truly unique, beautiful space for creating an unforgettable experience. We have several distinct spaces available, in addition to the possibility of using our entire tasting room:
- Board Room – a private room that seats 10 comfortably, and can host 20 for a cocktail party with limited seating
- Library – a semi-private area with fireplace and lounge seating, which can fit 8-16
- Great Room – an open seating area that seats up to 40
- The Kitchen – a semi-private area with room for 10-20
- Entire Tasting Room – most appropriate for groups of 50 or more, and includes all of the above spaces with gracious corridors and additional open areas
Recent Event Examples:
- Corporate Team Building Events – with a hands-on cocktail making seminar (assigned teams), a distillery tour and process discussion, and/or a spirits/cocktail history class
- Corporate Social Events – with signature cocktails, custom menus, distillery tours, and a unique space for hosting staff or customers
- Birthday Parties – for 10-100 guests, with signature drinks and custom menus for the celebrations, a private bartender or additional cocktail demonstration stations, spirits tasting stations and more
- Bridal Showers /Bachelor Parties – with signature cocktails, a private hands-on cocktail making class or distillery tour, or simply a cocktail party in a private space
What About Food?
We offer bites here, such as artisan cheese & charcuterie, fresh veggies with gourmet dips, mixed nuts and olives, and we can certainly prepare snacks for our events. However, we also allow caterers and local restaurants to serve here, and you can also bring things in, if desired. Just let us know if you want some recommendations for your event!