SIRÈNE ABSINTHE VERTE
- Sirène has a beautiful, nuanced aroma and flavor. On first taste (after diluting with water of course), you’ll notice the classical absinthe trinity of herbs – anise seed, fennel and grand wormwood. As you continue to sip, additional flavors come forward, including floral, citrus, minty and bitter notes.
- Your tongue will tingle and be engulfed in a sea of herbal intensity, in the best possible way.
- “[B]eautiful, both in the Art Nouveau-inspired bottle as well as in the glass, where it louches to opalescent yellow-green. The aroma is particularly citrusy, evoking juicy Key lime mixed with fennel. It’s super-light on the palate, with most of the anise coming forward on the finish. Mix into an absinthe frappe.” – Wine Enthusiast
- We modeled Sirène after some of our favorite absinthes from past trips to Europe and generous sharing by absinthe aficionado friends – rich, yet approachable, balanced in flavors and delicious both in a traditional absinthe preparation as well as in a range of cocktails.
- We infuse 18 different herbs to create the rich, complex layers of flavor in Sirène – we don’t share much of the details, but it is a labor-intensive, time-intensive process. And we love how the distillery smells when we’re making it, even if the aromas take over the place for a few hours.
- Absinthe is traditionally enjoyed in a drip preparation. Pour about an ounce of absinthe in to an absinthe glass or a wine glass. If you want to add sugar, place an absinthe spoon (or a slotted spoon) on the glass and place a sugar cube on the spoon. Then drip ice cold water into the absinthe (over your sugar cube, if using). You can use an absinthe fountain, if you have one, or simply a carafe of ice water. We recommend having your first drip with two parts water and one part Sirène absinthe. Then adjust the water next time to your personal taste.
- We also enjoy a range of cocktails where Sirène plays a small or large part, such as in a classic Sazerac, orange absinthe frappe, or in drinks involving gin or aged rum with an absinthe accent. Find some of our current favorites on our cocktail page.
Sirène Absinthe Verte is 60% alcohol by volume (120 proof)