DISTILLER’S GIN No. 6
- Unlike any other gin on the market, Distiller’s Gin No. 6 has a nuanced, complex aroma and flavor, with balanced juniper, citrus, spice and floral notes, with a long, smooth finish
- No. 6 has won a wide range of awards and significant critical acclaim – here are a few of our favorites mentions:
- “Clear with a platinum cast. Vibrant aromas of fresh herbs and spices, piney juniper, and twisted lemon peels jump from the glass. A silky entry leads to a fruity-yet-dry medium-full body of bold cracked juniper berry, pink peppercorns, lemon curd, clove, and pastry frosting flavors. Finishes with a long interplay of resiny juniper, sweet citrus and brown spices. A superb gin that virtually bristles with fresh, 3-D flavors. Very impressive!” – Beverage Testing Institute, awarding 95 points/Exceptional Rating, the highest score ever given to an American-made gin
- “Of course, juniper is the dominant flavor, but it quickly gives way to a cascade of subtle flavors that make No. 6 the jewel of a refined martini, yet also very pleasing neat” – Chicago Tribune
- “A modern-style gin … smooth and refined” – New York Times
- “This unique gin kept surprising my palate with each sip, ending with a beautifully developed peppery finish” – Hal Wolin, a NYC-based bartender, on his blog A Muddled Thought
- We hand prepare a range of herbs and botanicals for each batch of gin, including juniper berries (of course), hand-grated fresh lemon peel, rich spices like cardamom and cinnamon, and delicate floral accents
- We infuse the botanicals into our base spirit for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors
- We love No. 6 in a classic Martini (we like it 6:1 with a dash of orange bitters, please), but also in drinks that call for citrus, floral or spice accents. It plays very well in a range of cocktails, both classic and new.
- Non-gin drinkers are often surprised by how much they enjoy cocktails made with No. 6, too.
Distiller’s Gin No. 6 is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)