DISTILLER’S GIN No.Â 11
- In this, our ode to traditional London Dry gin, we created a spirit withÂ abundant fresh juniper, accented by fresh citrus and spice. Â While unlike any other gin on the market, No. 11 has a classically warm round nose, and an unmistakable dry gin flavor.
- Like our Distiller’s Gin No. 6, this spirit has won a wide range of awards and substantial critical acclaim. Â Here are a few of our favorite quotes and tasting notes:
- “Clear. Dense, compacted aromas of honeycomb, lime soufflĂ©, peppery juniper, and sweet spices. A soft, silky entry leads to a fruity medium-full of citrus custard pasty, pink peppercorns, fresh herbs, and honeyed juniper berries. Finishes with an long interplay of flavor with a touch of eucalyptus and minerals. A lovely, deeply flavorful, and elegantly styled gin that will be sensational in vintage cocktails.” – Beverage Testing Institute, awardingÂ 94 pts Gold Medal/Exceptional RatingÂ
- â€śSold in a distinctive rectangular green bottle, this has been one of our favorite gins for years, and blind tasting bore out our hometown bias. The flavor profile is traditional and juniper-forward, with notes of honey and pink peppercorn, and it tastes great in a martini.â€ť – Time Out Chicago, in an exhaustive review of Midwest-made gins
- “Very old fashioned, like the gins of our fathers, with the floral notes left out and a heady extra dose of juniper. It would make a doozy of a throwback martini, as they were before all the citrus and pepper and berries came along.â€ť – Terry Sullivan in North Shore Magazine
- “Could a mom-and-pop distillery really give birth to the best darn gin, period?” In concluding YES, the folks at Birchbox described No. 11 as “a quintessential spiritâ€”a stunning example of what gin should have been from the start. If youâ€™re partial to gin on the rocks, this is the one for the job, though itâ€™s equally capable in any classic cocktail, from a dry martini to a Negroni.”
- “On the palate, lightly sweet candied-lemon peel is framed by lively juniper and anise, finishing with a brisk flourish of pink peppercorns and ginger. Recommended for gimlets and other cocktails.” – Wine Enthusiast, naming it to their list of top 11 American Gins to Try
- Based on a traditional London Dry Gin profile, but made with our own twist – weÂ hand prepare a range of herbs and botanicals for each batch of gin, including abundant juniper, accents of hand-grated fresh lemon peel, and small quantities of a few classic gin spices.
- We infuse the botanicals for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors
- Â Distiller’s Gin No. 11 shines in a wide array of classic and seasonal cocktails, playing especially well with sweet vermouth, grapefruit and fresh herbs like basil and mint. Â We love it in a Gin Smash, Martinez, Negroni and a range of other drinks.
- No. 11 is also our favorite with tonic water – nothing is more refreshing than a great gin & tonic on a hot summer day.
Distiller’s Gin No. 11 is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)