This limited production spirit is only available at The Dearborn in Chicago and here at the distillery (and we’re the only place to get a bottle to take home). It was a spirited collaboration with the team at The Dearborn, and is a totally custom gin recipe that we developed with them.
- For this gin, we took inspiration from the traditional London Dry gin style and created a spirit with abundant fresh juniper, fresh citrus and spice. While unlike any other gin on the market, Dearborn Gin has a classically bright nose, and an unmistakable dry gin flavor, accented with citrus and Irish heather.
- We use a base spirit made from Midwestern grain
- Based on a traditional London Dry Gin profile, but made with our own twist – we hand prepare a range of herbs and botanicals for each batch of gin, including abundant juniper, accents of hand-grated fresh grapefruit, lemon and lime peel, and small quantities of a few classic gin spices, including Irish heather, which imparts a delicate & soft herbal note to the spirit
- We infuse the botanicals for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors.
- After distillation, we add water to achieve 90 proof (45% abv), an ideal proof for cocktails
- Dearborn Gin shines in a wide array of classic and seasonal cocktails, playing especially well with sweet vermouth, grapefruit and fresh herbs and like rosemary and thyme. We love it in a Martini, Corpse Reviver and a range of other drinks.
- Dearborn is also excellent with tonic water and a swath of grapefruit – nothing is more refreshing than a great G&T on a hot summer day.
Dearborn Gin is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)