AQUAVIT – PRIVATE RESERVE
- Aquavit – Private Reserve is spicy, savory and complex, with rich caraway, cumin and coriander notes.
- As a result of the aging process, it also has hints of caramel and a rounded, rich finish.
- This spirit has received many great reviews and writeups in the press – some of our favorite quotes and tasting notes are:
- “Yellow straw color with a chartreuse cast. vibrant and stimulating aromas of pink peppercorns, cardamom, lemongrass, medicinal roots and herbs, and sandalwood follow through on a silky entry to a dryish medium-to-full body with a touch of tilled earth and a long, spicy fade. Excellent flavor, purity and depth.” – Beverage Testing Institute, awarding 95 points/Exceptional Rating
- “Incredibly smooth and seductively aromatic – especially for an aquavit.” – SpiritsReview.com
- “Rich, full-bodied and complex, with flavors of caraway, cumin, pepper, sweet clove, anise, cardamom and oak.” – Imbibe Magazine
- Aquavit is most common in Scandinavia, with hundreds of versions produced in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. To be called Aquavit, the U.S. requires that the dominant flavor of the spirit is caraway seed. We use a range of other herbs and spices to accent the spirit’s flavor, such as cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
- We age this spirit in new American oak as well, which melds and softens the rich spicy flavors. Unlike other aquavits, we do not add caramel coloring. All of the flavor and color is natural, and are the direct result of our process.
- Aquavit is traditionally enjoyed straight – some will chill the bottle in the freezer first, while others will drink it at room temperature. We designed our Aquavit – Private Reserve to be delicious either way.
- While it is less traditional to mix it, we also enjoy ours in a Bloody Mary (nice and spicy!), a Moscow Mule with ginger beer, or with fresh citrus or stone fruits. We have some great recipe ideas for it in our cocktail database.
Aquavit – Private Reserve is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)