AQUAVIT – PRIVATE RESERVE
- Aquavit – Private Reserve is spicy, savory and complex, with rich caraway, cumin and coriander notes.
- As a result of the aging process, it also has hints of caramel and a rounded, rich finish.
- This spirit has received many great reviews and writeups in the press – some of our favorite quotes and tasting notes are:
- “Yellow straw color with a chartreuse cast. vibrant and stimulating aromas of pink peppercorns, cardamom, lemongrass, medicinal roots and herbs, and sandalwood follow through on a silky entry to a dryish medium-to-full body with a touch of tilled earth and a long, spicy fade. Excellent flavor, purity and depth.” – Beverage Testing Institute, awarding 95 points/Exceptional¬†Rating
- “Incredibly smooth and seductively aromatic – especially for an aquavit.” – SpiritsReview.com
- “Rich, full-bodied and complex, with flavors of caraway, cumin, pepper, sweet clove, anise, cardamom and oak.” ¬†– Imbibe Magazine
- Aquavit is most common in Scandinavia, with hundreds of versions produced in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. ¬†To be called Aquavit, the U.S. requires that the dominant flavor of the spirit is caraway seed. ¬†We use a range of other herbs and spices to accent the spirit’s flavor, such as cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
- We age this spirit in new American oak as well, which melds and softens the rich spicy flavors. ¬†Unlike¬†other aquavits, we do not add caramel coloring. All of the flavor and color is natural, and are the direct result of our process.
- Aquavit is traditionally enjoyed straight ¬†– some will chill the bottle in the freezer first, while others will drink it at room temperature. ¬†We designed our Aquavit – Private Reserve to be delicious either way.
- While it is less traditional to mix it, we also enjoy ours in a Bloody Mary (nice and spicy!), a Moscow Mule with ginger beer, or with fresh citrus or stone fruits. ¬†We have some great recipe ideas for it in our cocktail database.
Aquavit – Private Reserve is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)