Updated May 5, 2021
We are so happy that our region’s numbers have continued to improve, and our tasting room reopened in February 2021. In light of the current pandemic situation, our primary focus continues to be keeping us all safe, so we are focused on following the evolving guidance put out by the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the CDC.
We have rearranged our furniture to ensure all tables are at least 6-8 feet apart, and we’ve created some more distinct seating areas. When the weather permits, we are ready for outside seating as well, and have set up our garden area earlier this year.
Planning Your Visit
Under the Phase 4 restrictions in place for our region currently, the rules are:
- Maximum group size at one table – 10 people
- Maximum length of stay – 2 hours
- Maximum number of guests at one time in our tasting room – 50 guests total
- Reservations are recommended, but we can take a walk-in if we have the room.
If you, or anyone in your group, is not feeling 100%, and especially if you have any COVID-19 like symptoms, please stay home. We have many other ways for you to enjoy great drinks, such as with our bottles and cocktail kits to go.
Before your Visit
Here are a few things to bear in mind and think about before you come.
- Wear Your Mask – You must wear a face covering over your nose and mouth while you are walking to your table, and throughout your visit here, if you are not actively eating and drinking. You will need to put your mask on when interacting with our staff for any reason (including when you are seated), when using the facilities, or visiting our distillery store. No exceptions. If you are unable to wear a mask because of a disability or medical restriction, please call us to discuss alternatives, such as curbside pickup.
Drink and Food Preparation
We will serve our cocktails in our normal glassware, because we believe that is part of the experience of enjoying our cocktails. After each use, we run our glassware through a robust cleaning and sanitizing process. Food will be served on our normal dishes, as well – they are also cleaned and sanitized after each use.
Our staff will wear masks over their noses and mouths while preparing and serving all drinks, and will additionally wear gloves for all food preparation.
As per IDPH guidance, we will not refill water glasses – we will give you a carafe of water with glassware when you arrive, and can bring you a new bottle of water if you run out. In addition, we will serve food and drinks with trays to the greatest extent possible, rather than carrying them by hand.
Menus and Payments
We are using laminated menus, which we sanitize after every guest. We also have our menu posted on our website, and accessible with a QR code, as well. We are offering contactless payment options to the greatest extent possible, to minimize the transfer of cards, pens and paper between our guests and our staff. We have a mobile payment process for our guests, as well.
We will continue to accept cash payments as well, for those who prefer that method of payment.
Questions, Concerns, Comments
We are all about hospitality and wanting our guests to feel welcome and safe while having a great experience with us. If you have any questions or concerns about what we are doing, or want to discuss anything specific as you contemplate a visit, please get in touch with us by electronic note or phone (847.574.2499).
If you want to have a great cocktail, but do not want to venture out, we totally understand – we have bottles of our spirits and cocktail kits available for curbside pickup. Want something you don’t see as a kit? Give us a call or send a note, and we’ll see if we can put something special together for you.