Updated August 26, 2020
Our tasting room is open. We look forward to sharing great drinks with you again, and we have some exciting things planned for this year. However, in light of the current pandemic situation, our primary focus will be in keeping us all safe. This means we are following the requirements and recommendations put out by the Illinois Department of Public Health, as well as the CDC.
This also means we will continue to offer and encourage sitting outside also, when the weather permits. Both inside and outside, we’ve rearranged our furniture to ensure all tables are at least 6 feet apart, and we’ve added in some additional cleaning and sanitization steps to our daily routine.
Planning Your Visit
The maximum group size is currently 10 guests, per the IDPH recommendations.
If you, or anyone in your group, is not feeling 100%, and especially if you have any COVID-19 like symptoms, please stay home. We have many other ways for you to enjoy great drinks, such as with our bottles and cocktail kits to go.
If you are feeling great and would like to visit us for some cocktails, here are your options:
- Make a Reservation – we recommend that you book a table on our website. Please add a message to let us know whether you prefer to sit inside our outside.
- Give us a Call at 847.574.2499– if you haven’t made a reservation online, but want to stop over or make a reservation by phone, give us a call and we’ll let you know if we have any space available.
- Drive By & See – if you drive by and see that we have open tables, we may be able to take walk-ins. However, if we have reservations coming soon, we may not be able to do so. We highly recommend making a reservation, or calling ahead to avoid disappointment (for both you and us). You can call us from the parking lot at 847.574.2499 if you want to ask about availability.
Before your Visit
Here are a few things to bear in mind and think about before you come.
- Should you Stay Home? Please stay home if you are not feeling well, or if you have any symptoms of CoVID-19. We will ask you how you are feeling when you arrive, as well. There will be no penalty for canceling your reservation if you are not feeling well, or if you are having any symptoms.
- Wear Your Mask – You should wear a face covering over your nose and mouth while you are walking to your table, and throughout your visit here, if you are not eating and drinking – and we ask that you put your mask on when interacting with our staff for any reason (including when you are seated). If you need to enter the distillery for any reason, such as to use the facilities, or to make a purchase in our distillery store, you must wear a mask. No exceptions. If you are unable to do so because of a disability, please call us to discuss alternatives, such as curbside pickup.
- Check the Weather – If bad weather is forecasted on a particular night, we will close our cocktail patio. We will have inside seating, and cocktail kits, available as alternatives. If you have a reservation for outside, we will notify you of the closure and try to find an opportunity to reschedule – either by moving you indoors, if possible, or finding a new date.
Our Facilities & Spacing
We will have all tables at least 6 feet apart, and we have bathrooms with sinks and soap/water. We will also have hand sanitizer available for your use while you are here.
We will sanitize door handles/knobs, and other surfaces that are frequently touched – every hour, at a minimum. You will see a number of new posters around our space, to help remind our team and our guests about social distancing, practices to minimize risk of exposure, and other relevant information. These are all required (or recommended) by the IDPH and CDC.
We will endeavor to re-sanitize all surfaces in our bathrooms every half hour at a minimum, and ideally after every guest uses them. We will clean them thoroughly every night, and will ensure they always have enough soap and paper towels.
Drink and Food Preparation
We will serve our cocktails in our normal glassware, because we believe that is part of the experience of enjoying our cocktails. After each use, we run our glassware through a robust cleaning and sanitizing process. Food will be served on compostable, disposable dishes.
Our staff will wear masks over their noses and mouths while preparing and serving all drinks, and will additionally wear gloves for all food preparation.
As per IDPH guidance, we will not refill water glasses, but will offer a fresh glass of water if you ask for a refill. In addition, we will serve food and drinks with trays to the greatest extent possible, rather than carrying them by hand.
Menus and Payments
We are using laminated menus, which we sanitize after every guest. We also have our menu posted on our website, and accessible with a QR code, as well. We are offering contactless payment options to the greatest extent possible, to minimize the transfer of cards, pens and paper between our guests and our staff. We will have a mobile payment process for our guests, so they will not need to come in to pay.
We will continue to accept cash payments as well, for those who prefer that method of payment.
Questions, Concerns, Comments
We are all about hospitality and wanting our guests to feel welcome and safe while having a great experience with us. If you have any questions or concerns about what we are doing, or want to discuss anything specific as you contemplate a visit, please get in touch with us by electronic note or phone (847.574.2499).
If you want to have a great cocktail, but do not want to venture out, we totally understand – we have bottles of our spirits and cocktail kits available for curbside pickup. Want something you don’t see as a kit? Give us a call or send a note, and we’ll see if we can put something special together for you.