Before our big move, we’ve decided to offer some of the rarer bottles in our stash for sale – it’s time for them to go to new homes, where they can better be savored and appreciated. You can find tasting notes & proofs, etc. for many of these on our website here. We also found some bottles of a few things we want to sip & savor with you before we focus on moving to our new location, so there will be some surprises on offer on Saturday, April 16.
Here’s the scoop on the rare bottles we have available, and how we’re going to work things for the sale – we want to be fair and give everyone who is interested a shot at what they are seeking, so we’re setting a few ground rules.
Bottles Available for Purchase:
- 2006 Limited Release – Distiller’s Gin No. 6 Mingled with Medjool Dates – 2 bottles, 750 ml
- 2006 Limited Release – Distiller’s Gin No. 6 Mingled with Ceylon Tea – 2 bottles, 750 ml
- 2007 Limited Release – Rhuginger No. 6 – 2 bottles 750 ml, 7 bottles 375 ml
- 2010 Limited Release – CR2 – 3 bottles, 750 ml
- 2011 Limited Release – Eldergin – 2 bottles 750 ml, 2 bottles 375 ml
- 2012 Limited Release – Silver Lining – 2 bottles 750 ml
- 2014 Limited Release – SommerWeizen – 2 bottles 750 ml
- 2015 Limited Release – Fireside Orange – 1 bottle 750 ml
Unfortunately, we do not have any full, sealed bottles of Mole Poblano (2009 limited release) or Alphonso Mango No. 11 (2008 limited release) available. We thought we had some, but unfortunately we do not. We DO have open bottles of both, and will be sampling them out and serving them on April 16. See below for a complete list of what will be available for sampling/sipping from this list.
Bidding/Purchasing These Items
We’ve had a lot of interest in these items, and we want to try to be fair and give people a chance to get them. So, here’s how we’re going to handle the sale of these bottles:
- The initial price will be the suggested retail price they went for at the time they were released.
- We will sell them through a Silent Auction, where bids will be accepted until 6 pm on Saturday, April 16.
- At 6 pm, the auction will close, and the highest bidders will purchase the bottle for their named price. Must be present to win, or to have left your credit card info (and you’ll have to return by 9 pm to pick it up, or make arrangements with us to pick up next week).
- We will allow “max bids” for people who cannot be here at 6 pm – you give us the maximum price you want to pay for an item, and your payment info, and we will bid for you in $1 increments up to your limit.
- Any items that are not sold in the auction will become available for purchase, for the suggested retail price, after 6 pm.
- The net proceeds from this auction will be shared with one of our favorite charity partners, Save-A-Pet in Grayslake, where our beloved distillery dog, Sunshine spent 9 years of her life.
Many, but not all, of the spirits listed above will be available for tasting on Saturday. We’re going to open up our archives and will have some special cocktails on offer with these, and other past spirits we have made. So, even if you’re not in the market for a bottle, it’ll be a great opportunity to try them and see what you missed out on. Here is the list of what we’ll have for sipping:
- 2006 Limited Release – Distiller’s Gin No. 6 Mingled with Medjool Dates
- 2006 Limited Release – Distiller’s Gin No. 6 Mingled with Ceylon Tea
- 2007 Limited Release – Rhuginger No. 6
- 2008 Limited Release – Alphonso Mango No. 11
- 2009 Limited Release – Mole Poblano
- 2012 Limited Release – Silver Lining
- 2015 Limited Release – Fireside Orange
Along with some other great spirits we’ve made over the years.
Other Stuff Available
It is a garage sale, so we’ll also have some odds & ends available, such as glassware we won’t be using at the new location, a range of bar tools, and various other items that we don’t have a use for, but that someone else might enjoy.
Hope to see you on Saturday, April 16!