One of the many great things about our new location is that we have a lot more space to host events. A couple of years ago, we threw our first-ever artisan festival, and invited a few of our friends in the area who make cool products to join us for a one-day festival. We all put out our wares, we collaborated on some cool things, and we invited people to come in and check us all out.
This year, we’ve organized an even bigger, better artisan festival with a few new artists and artisans joining in. Since we have more room, we figured why not invite more people to join the party?
Make plans to join us on Sunday, November 6 from 3 to 7 pm – stop by, browse, sample, talk with the artisans and artists themselves, and see what they’re all about. Start your holiday shopping if you want, or just check out some cool local companies!
So far, our roster includes:
- Katherine Anne Confections – Katherine makes delicious chocolate truffles and caramels, as well as drinking chocolate and marshmallows, at her confiserie in Chicago. We often carry her products as well, and have collaborated on many events together.
- The Soap Distillery – Danielle makes a range of soaps, body scrubs and lip balms inspired by liquors and cocktails from quality ingredients. What’s not to love about that?
- Crafted by Cleetus – Chef Cleetus makes his own sauces & bloody mary mix, which we have long paired with our Aquavit. He is a well-known chef across Chicago who has always been a tremendous advocate for locally made spirits, beers, produce, breads, etc.
- Burning Bush Millinery – Veronica makes amazing hats and other accessories at her studio in Lake Forest. We think people should wear more hats, so she was a natural addition to our event.
- Jo Snow Syrups – Melissa makes amazing artisanal syrups for cocktails, coffee and snow cones. She is our longtime partner for boozy snow cone night and other fun events, and we love her amazing syrups.
- Quatraluna Studio – Joan makes beautiful jewelry pieces from found objects and other inspirations at her studio in Winthrop Harbor.
- Good Frog Candles – Loralee makes custom candles in a variety of sizes, scents and shapes, and specializes in repurposing wine, beer and spirits bottles.
- Sandra Bacon Fine Art – Sandra paints a range of styles, primarily using acrylics, and is working on some new pieces featuring cocktails for our show.
- Pen and Porcelain – Pam paints a range of images onto fine china, including nature images and still lifes.
- Jeanette Hurt – Jeanette is an author, who has written a range of books, including the brand-new Drink Like a Woman, and she’ll be here sharing stories from her books and autographing them, too.
It’s going to be quite a range of amazing arts and artisans here, stop by and check them out!