SCOFFLAW OLD TOM GIN
- Classic notes of juniper, orange peel and coriander, with a floral, fruity finish
- Layered and smooth, with integrated, balanced flavors
- Rich, round texture in the classic Old Tom style, extremely sippable and mixable
- Although it has been very limited in production and access, some media outlets have already written about Scofflaw:
- “[F]uller, more complex flavor … a star player in cocktails as it takes even the simplest cocktail to a whole new level … [N]ice long, clean finish.” – Chicagoist
- One of the best gins in the Midwest, a favorite – ”refreshing and bright” and deliciously different. – Time Out Chicago
- “[S]oft and flavorsome with good complexity and a long finish.” – The Complete Gentleman
- We use a base spirit made from Midwestern grain
- We hand prepare a range of organic and wild-harvested botanicals for this gin, including juniper berries, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, anise seed, fresh orange and lemon peels, and osmanthus blossoms, which impart an intriguing, delicate floral and fruit note to the spirit
- We infuse the botanicals into our base spirit for varying lengths of time depending on their particular characteristics, and then distill them through Ethel the Still using a slow, meticulous process that enables us to create fresh, bright flavors
- After distillation, we add water and a touch of sugar to achieve 90 proof (45% abv), an ideal proof for cocktails
- We love Scofflaw Old Tom Gin on the rocks, in a Tom Collins, or a Martinez, and it plays great with hot peppers, cucumber, fresh berries and with floral flavors. It plays very well in a range of cocktails, both classic and new.
- Non-gin drinkers are often surprised by how much they enjoy cocktails made with Scofflaw, too.
- Find some cocktail ideas in our cocktail respository.
Scofflaw Old Tom Gin is 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof)