Our products are showing up in new places every day – here’s an interactive map of our retail partners across the Midwest (and a few beyond). Not every store carries every one of our spirits, so we suggest you call ahead if you’re looking for something specific! If you’re in our area, you can visit the distillery as well – our hours and location are below (scroll on down).
Unfortunately, FedEx and UPS have changed their policies, and state laws continue to change – so we’ve just updated the list of retailers who can ship our spirits to you. Here are links to the retailers that sell our product online and can ship to some U.S. states (contact them for details):
- Binny’s Beverage Depot (Illinois, most products)
In Fine Spirits (Illinois, most products)
- The Jug Shop (California, most products)
- K & L Wines (California, both gins and aquavit)
- Ludwig’s Fine Wines & Spirits (California, a few products)
- Mission Wine & Spirits (California, most products)
- West Lakeview Liquors (Illinois, most products)
- Wine & Cheese Place (Missouri, most products)
In addition, some of the other retailers carrying our products can take orders by phone and can ship them for you.
Visit our Distillery & Tasting Room
FALL 2016 HOURS
Cocktail Bar, Distillery Store & Tasting Room
Stop by for a refreshing cocktail, taste some of our spirits, or pick up a bottle in our shop:
- Thursdays – 4 pm to 9 pm
- Fridays – 4 pm to 10 pm
- Saturday – 1 pm to 10 pm
- Sunday – 1 pm to 7 pm
We do accept reservations, so give us a call if you want to reserve a table – 847.574.2499.
Distillery Store & Tasting Room Only (but not cocktails)
In addition, you can stop by to pick up a bottle, try one of our products, discuss a private event, or just check us out:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays – 1 to 4 pm
We are CLOSED on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Join us for a fun, interactive exploration of the distillation process. You’ll have the opportunity to meet the amazing Ethel the Still, and the rest of the cast of characters that help us make our spirits, and get an insider’s view to the life of a distiller, along with a tasting of our spirits. We offer tours on:
- Thursdays at 6:30 pm, and
- Saturdays at 4 pm (except the first Saturday of the month, which is a Geek Out tour – see below)
General tours cost $10 per person, last about 60-75 minutes including the tasting, and spots can be reserved online here. Space is limited, so if you want to come for a particular day, we recommend reserving your spots in advance.
Geek Out Tour – The first Saturday of the month at 3 pm, we offer a “Geek Out” version of our tour, which is a more in-depth tour led entirely by our master distiller, Derek. Those last a couple of hours usually, cost $25 per person, and can also be reserved online.
Here are a few pictures of what you’ll find here, and a highlight or two from our distillery tours.
Private Events at North Shore Distillery
In our expanded location, we are able to host a much broader range of events, for 8 to 100 people. We have several space options, including a private meeting room for business or social occasions that seats up to 12, as well as several other private and semi-private spaces. We’d love to host your next:
- Team Building Event – with a hands-on cocktail making seminar, where you assign the teams who work together to create cocktails and learn about cocktail making in a fun, casual setting
- Corporate Event – with signature cocktails, distillery tour options, and a unique space for hosting staff or customers
- Birthday Party – with a signature drink for the celebration, and a customized menu, or private distillery tour;
- Bridal Shower or Bachelor Party – with a private distillery tour & tasting, or hands-on cocktail making class, or simply a cocktail party with a special menu for the bride or groom to be; or
- Other Events – whatever other type of event you’d like to plan!
Events Around Town & Beyond
We love to plan a range of fun events around the Chicago area and in other places where our spirits are available. Here’s what is going on:
North Shore Night at Tavern
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tavern, 519 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048, USA
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us from spirit and cocktail samples!
4-Course Spirits Dinner hosted by The Boathouse & North Shore Distillery
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
6101 Government Dr, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Sonja will be guest speaking at The Boathouse in St. Louis at a special Spirits Dinner to include four courses prepared by Executive Chef, Daniel Helle, and paired with four specialty cocktails from us! The price per person is $60 plus tax and gratuity. Check out The Boathouse for the featured menu and cocktail pairings. Reservations, call 314.961.7588, ext. 265.
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tavern, 519 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048, USA
Special Events at the Distillery
In addition to our regular hours and distillery tours listed above, we typically have some other stuff on the calendar. Here’s what’s coming up:
Spooky Cocktails @ NSD
Join us as we celebrate Halloween with a special menu of cocktails inspired by the holiday. There will be eyeballs, 'blood' and other oddities involved in the delicious, unusual drinks we'll be serving. Stop by to see what we've come up with this year!
Farm-to-Table Fall Cocktail Dinner 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Building on our last extremely popular cocktail dinner, we are teaming up with our friends at White Oak Gourmet (a Long Grove based farm-to-table catering company) for another inspired cocktail dinner right here at the distillery. Five courses and five cocktails celebrating the spices and flavors of Morocco and Latin America, in a one-night-only menu. $85 per person, plus tax & tip. Book your tickets here .
North Shore Artisan Festival 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
We are hosting a range of artisans from around the Chicago area and beyond for a one-day-only marketplace with great cocktails, crafts and arts. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the artisans, hear about their crafts and experience them. Participants include Soap Distillery, Jo Snow Syrups, Katherine Anne Confections, Cleetus Heatus Sauces & Mixes, Good Frog Candles, Quatraluna, Burning Bush Millinery and more. No charge for entry.
Holiday Cocktail Class 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Learn how to make a range of great cocktails for your holiday celebrations! Our expert staff will show you how to make cocktails, and we'll taste a range of new holiday cocktail ideas. Topics will also include making cocktails for groups and parties, punch service options, and more. $35 per person, includes class, cocktail samples & light snacks. Book your ticket here.
Pre-Turkey Day Bash 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Kick off the holiday weekend with a cocktail-infused celebration with us! We'll be open on this Wednesday night with a range of great cocktails and snacks and some great last-minute cocktail ideas for your Turkey Day feast. Plus, bring an item to donate to Save-A-Pet in Grayslake from their wish list and get a discount on your purchase!
Bloody Mary Festival 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Just 8 miles from two huge malls, we are the perfect respite from shopping. So whether you are avoiding shopping altogether, taking a break, or shopping online, stop by for a range of fantastic Bloody Mary options at this epic celebration of the Bloody Mary. Four Mary options, with full garnish bar, available.
GET OUR NEWS
We send out two distinct monthly email newsletters to our avid fan base:
- General Distillery Updates & Events
- All the latest news from the distillery, such as new product announcements, great events around town and around the Midwest, fun trivia, cocktail ideas and more
- Typically sent out the third week of each month
- Tasting Room Events & Happenings
- The scoop on fun events happening here at the distillery, as well as things in the immediate area, plus new cocktails and more
- Typically sent out the first week of each month
You can subscribe to one or both of these newsletters by filling out your information here. We don’t share your information with anyone, your email address is safe with us!